Join our team and experience all that Robert A. Bothman Construction has to offer!
It's fun to work at a company where people take pride and truly believe in what they're doing. At Bothman, we're committed to bringing passion and superior customer focus to all of our innovative construction projects. Although we work hard, and we're serious about what we do - we care deeply about our employees and like to have a good time too. In fact, our core principal is Quality People and Quality Projects TM. Here’s a glimpse of some of the coolest projects we’ve worked on: Avaya Stadium (Home to the San Jose Earthquakes), the Mountain Winery in Saratoga, San Jose State University Event Center, Cupertino City Center Park, the Haunted House at the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk and the Guadalupe River Park to name a few. If a career at Bothman Construction sounds interesting to you,
please read on!
To assist in the administration and coordination of all assigned project activities, originate and prepare necessary technical contract data, and maintain accurate records of work and schedules. Facilitate the projects ability to increase profit margins. Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
General responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage small to medium projects and contracts
- Support Project Manager, Project Foreman with project set-up and support field management personnel.
- Assist with material purchasing under the direction of the Project Manager and Project Foreman. Organize and assist with material deliveries.
- Develop project schedules and update on a regular basis.
- Prepare and review all correspondence distributions.
- Prepare and organize project system on LAN System.
- Under supervision of the Project Manager, assist with the preparation of subcontracts. Review and understand scope of work for each subcontractor performing work.
- Review, prepare, log, and track submittals, shop drawings, material samples, subcontracts, purchase orders, revisions, RFI’s, and cost proposals. Post all project documentation change and RFI’s. Distribute to appropriate parties.
- Manage and analyze change order pricing needs.
- Attend related project meetings when necessary. Prepare meeting minutes and distributions.
- Prepare and take full ownership of all project close-out documents. Prepare all warranty documents, etc.
- BS in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or Architecture
- Three to five years prior experience in the construction industry.
- Structural Concrete experience a plus.
- Computer literacy and proficiency with Word and Excel.
- Computer literacy and proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Projects.
- Experience in scheduling with Microsoft Projects and Primavera & Timberline Project Module.
- Possession of a valid Class C California Driver’s License.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Performance of the required duties will require physical ability to climb permanent and temporary stairs, passenger use of construction personnel hoists, ability to climb ladders and negotiate work areas under construction
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- Performing this job requires use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, sit, talk and hear, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will work on-site at the construction work site where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise in these work environments is usually moderate to very loud
We offer excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401K and competitive salary. E.O.E.
Salary range $75k-$95k.