We are seeking an experienced Estimator to perform miscellaneous estimating duties to assist estimating staff in preparation of project estimates.
- Attend estimating meetings.
- Exercise judgment to procure plans and specifications.
- Solicit sub-contractor pricing and copy/send bid information as required.
- Solicit material pricing and copy/send bid information as required.
- Perform quantity take-offs. • Determine equipment needs and solicit pricing.
- Determine production rates and calculate corresponding labor estimates.
- Develop proposals for private estimates.
- Attend pre-bid meetings.
- Meet with project owners to review job conditions for private estimates.
- Analyze sub-contractor quotes prior to bid & recommend selection.
- Manage bid close for assigned estimates & deliver bids.
- Post bid results and communicate results to subcontractors as necessary.
- Manage sub-contractor & supplier database.
- Attend in-house pre-construction meetings as required.
- Attend seminars and training programs.
- Build and enhance relationships with customers and manufacturer-suppliers
- Develop & maintain effective communications with internal & external customers.
- Perform assigned Special projects.
- Perform complete review of contract documents for designated projects.
- Set-up spreadsheet template for designated projects.
- Delegate estimating tasks to various staff members. Perform and/or delegate quantity take-offs on various selected trade work (private and public works projects).
- Develop trade list and sub-contractor solicitation list.
- BS or BA degree from an accredited college.
- Experience as an Estimator in hard-bid cost estimating, pre-construction budgeting, constructability analysis and value engineering.
- Concrete and/or Heavy Civil Construction Background
- Computer literate in Excel, Word, and Microsoft Project.
- Ability to read and analyze construction plans and specifications.
- Ability to work in pressure environment and to meet deadlines.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Knowledge in the general construction industry.
- Possession of a valid Driver’s License.